Valuable campaign tools are provided for the community to assist companies when running campaigns. Decatur County United Fund hopes to prepare companies for the challenges of running an internal company campaign.
When you take advantage of the tools available to the community, you can help the community more by running a successful campaign and achieving the goal you set out to achieve.
TAKE 10 STEPS TO CAMPAIGN SUCCESS
1. Reinforce Chief Executive’s commitment to…..
- Send an endorsement letter to all employees and make personal appearances at all campaign event.
- Provide company time for employee meetings or presentations.
- Arrange for payroll deductions.
- Review past campaign performance
2. Set employee goal by totaling employee potential for giving…..
- United Fund asks employees to consider giving one hour’s pay per month through payroll deduction. If 80% of the employees in a company gives one hour’s pay per month, they will raise 100 percent of their “potential.”
3. Develop campaign plan by…..
- Preparing a timetable
- Prepare materials
- Planning a kick-off
- Providing incentives
- Selecting additional campaign elements
- Gaining CEO plan approval
4. Initiate leadership giving program by…..
- Reinforcing CEO’s commitment to select top level managers for the Leadership Giving Program
- Conducting a separate United Fund presentation for executives prior to the company campaign kick-off
- Publicizing results of your Leadership Giving Program to set the pace for employee giving
5. Develop a campaign team by…..
- Selecting key people from all employee groups, including management and labor
- Providing campaign team training to ensure members understand United Fund
- Planning well before campaign time and assigning specific responsibilities and completion dates
- Preparing a comprehensive events calendar
6. Implement campaign plan by…..
- Personalizing each employee pledge card
- Scheduling employee meetings
- Sending letters to retirees asking for their pledges
- Set up in-house displays
- Producing special events which add fun and excitement to the campaign
- Awarding departmental prizes for reaching goals
- Conducting drawings for givers
7. Publicize campaign by…..
- In your newsletter, print a question and answer column, United Fund artwork and progress reports/charts/thermometer
- Announcing all campaign events well in advance
- Tracking your company’s progress on a thermometer displayed on the bulletin board
- Taking every opportunity to emphasize how United Fund benefits the community
8. Ask for the pledge by…..
- Ensuring everyone was asked to give in a personal, face-to-face meeting
- Requesting pledges while enthusiasm is high
- Complete pledge form at meeting and turn in by the end of the meeting
9. Report campaign results by…..
- Notifying United Fund of the company’s progress
- Advising your CEO and committee of the company’s progress
- Posting and updating progress charts
- Announcing your results publicly
- Displaying final results on thermometer posters
- Submitting the final results to United Fund
10. Thank the employees by…..
- Sending a CEO thank you letter to all employees
- Event/party/dinner hosted by plant manager appropriate to the employees’ giving
- Event should set the stage for next year
- Publishing thank-you messages in the employee newsletter, posting them on the bulletin board
- Displaying campaign photos and memorabilia
- Attending United Fund’s campaign celebration
If you would like more information about a campaign in your workplace, contact the Decatur County United Fund (812) 663-3342 or JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING